Aviary Branding Guidelines
The Aviary logo, "a" logo, bird icons and derivatives thereof are the trademarked property of Aviary and may not be used without prior written consent from a legally authorized Aviary representative. In an effort to protect our trademark from being diluted, in accordance with USA law, we have established the following branding guidelines that discuss how our logo and icons may be used.
NOTE: In general if you use the Aviary editor as part of a third party app and it comes with an Aviary logo already built into it (e.g., our embeddable editor for web or mobile), then that logo and associated branding already meets our guidelines. This guide is for reference should you want to make any changes or use the logo in a different way.
- Alter and display the Aviary logo without our prior written consent.
- Alter the Aviary API to decrease the size or obscure the default Aviary logo that comes with the editor. This is obviously only relevant if you are a user of our web or mobile editor.
- Include a version of the Aviary logo in your app in such a way that it appears to be an endorsement of your app.
- Include a version of the Aviary logo in any app that includes materials that are potentially offensive (i.e. promotes hatred or bigotry), adult only in nature (i.e. porn), or illegal in the USA (i.e. copyrighted material). Our brand is family-friendly in nature and we want to make sure there is never any external confusion about which material Aviary does or does not endorse.
- Include a version of the Aviary logo in your app that is bigger than your own logo.
- Include a version of the Aviary logo in your press announcements or promotional materials without Aviary's prior written consent.
- Contact us with any questions you have! We're happy to help make whatever you are trying to accomplish happen.
- Ask us for permission before using our logo in a press announcement or promotional material. We will give you a speedy answer.
- Ask us for a larger version of the logo or press kit with high resolution branding materials included. We're happy to provide it.
- Have a great day!
Last updated December 27th, 2011